The past year has undoubtedly been filled with countless challenges, heartaches, unforeseen obstacles and uncertainties. You might well be glad to see the end of it. But before 2020 bows out, we at Stellenbosch Visio want to spoil our loyal readers and dedicated followers with a selection of exclusive prizes to the value of more than R17,000.
Up for grabs? A luxurious stay for two at Tintswalo Boulders worth R10,500, a R5,000 fashion voucher from South African designer Gavin Rajah, an alfresco summer picnic for four at Spier to the value of R1,100, and a R1,000 Stellenbosch Visio gift box featuring some of the best treats from the Cape Winelands.
Explore the Atlantic with Tintswalo Boulders
Tintswalo Boulders’ newly launched Marine Exploration Adventure Experience is something for the bucket list. The three-day curated package includes a snorkelling safari through the kelp forest in the company of a trained guide, guided kayaking in the protected bays of Simon’s Town and the chance to get close and personal with Boulders Beach’s famous African penguins. Guests will enjoy two nights’ luxury accommodation at this beachfront villa surrounded by fynbos and with unobstructed views of the Atlantic Ocean. Sea activities are guided by the Shark Warrior Adventure Centre and take place in the marine protected area of Table Mountain National Park.
WANT TO WIN a two nights’ Marine Exploration Adventure Experience package for two guests sharing at Tintswalo Boulders? The prize includes daily breakfast, coffee and tea, one lunch, one brunch, one dinner and two water activities, all to the value of R10,500.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘TINTSWALO BOULDERS’ in the subject line. Remember to include your full name and contact details.
WINNER: Johannie Bekker
Fashion synonymous with luxury
Gavin Rajah specialises in handcrafted garments of the finest fabrics and artistry. The Cape Town-based designer provides discerning clients with personalised service and clothing made to couture standards. The brand has expanded into an atelier with homeware, home fragrances and interior pieces and has launched a successful event company to boot. The brand is driven by a passion to assist women in vulnerable communities through sustainable employment and skills transfer. Gavin is not only an outspoken champion of child and human rights, but also a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
WANT TO WIN a R5,000 voucher for Gavin Rajah’s online studio?
Send an email to email@example.com with ‘GAVIN RAJAH’ in the subject line. Remember to include your full name and contact details.
WINNER: Nolene Stanley
ARE YOU GOING? Fashion comes to town this weekend by way of the Cape Town Resorts Collection on Saturday 5 December 2020 at Blaauwklippen Wine Estate. For the second year running, Gavin Rajah has joined forces with national retail giant, Pick n Pay, to create a platform for fashion designers to showcase their leading-edge work at the Cape Town Resort Collection show, #CTRC2020. The show promises 12-15 key signature pieces from participating designers and various pop-up shops post catwalk excitement. BOOK NOW as seats are limited.
Celebrate summer at picturesque Spier
Feast alfresco on Spier’s dappled lawns with the wine farm’s famous summer picnic baskets. The summer baskets offer seasonal and vegetarian options made with local, natural and organic produce wherever possible. Packed with decadent assortments, tuck into marinated olives and Havarti Gouda with chef Hennie Nel’s homemade piccalilli, a selection of Farmer Angus charcuterie with gherkins, harissa grilled chicken strips, Vadas baguette with charred aubergine dip, and Panzanella style courgette and cucumber salad – to mention but a few. Don’t forget to save some room for that oh-so-heavenly chocolate brownie with berry compote. By choosing Spier, you are supporting the estate’s Growing for Good learning initiatives that empower communities to create positive social and environmental change.
WANT TO WIN a Spier summer picnic experience for four guests worth R1,100?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘SPIER’ in the subject line. Remember to include your full name and contact details.
WINNER: Sam Venter
Best of our region in one box
Stellenbosch Visio will treat one lucky winner to a beautiful wooden box filled with several goodies from the Cape Winelands:
- Simonsig Kaapse Vonkel Brut 2018: With an elegant light golden hue, this MCC with its fine persistent mousse displays aromas of white peach, fresh apple and pear. On the palate, stone fruit flavours are beautifully complemented by hints of citrus and raspberries.
- Neil Ellis Whitehall Chardonnay 2018: Characterised by its straw-like colour with greenish hues, this wine boasts attractive aromas of lemon zest, pear and white flower notes. Enjoy with shellfish, butternut soup, salmon or asparagus.
- Tokara Multi Varietal Extra Virgin Olive Oil: This fusion of Frantoio, Leccino and Mission olive oils has a full-fruit character rounded out with delicate herbaceous and spicy flavours. For general use in stir-fries, broths, stews, meats, sautés, pasta sauces and salads.
- COCOAFAIR 45% milk chocolate with liquorice (100g): COCOAFAIR is a tree-to-bar micro-batch chocolate maker – the company’s journey starts by working with the farmers in Panama. COCOAFAIR assists them in growing, fermenting and drying their cacao beans after which the beans are sent by ship to the production facility in Cape Town.
- The brand-new summer issue of Stellenbosch Visio, the award-winning premium quarterly lifestyle and leisure magazine focused on the Cape Winelands.
WANT TO WIN a Stellenbosch Visio gift box worth R1,000?
Send an email to email@example.com with ‘GIFT BOX’ in the subject line. Remember to include your full name, contact details and courier address.
WINNER: Shahieda Jacobs
COMPETITION RULES: The competition closes on Friday 11 December 2020 at 11:00. Winners will be informed telephonically on Monday 14 December 2020. Take note that entries without an entrant’s full name and contact details will not be considered. Winners will be chosen at random. All entrants must be 18 years or older.