The South African Antique, Art & Design Association (SAADA) invites you to its first Cape Autumn Fair at Blaauwklippen, Stellenbosch, from 14-15 May 2022. The estate, one of the oldest wine farms in Stellenbosch, will set the stage for this boutique-style event, bringing together nine of South Africa’s top antique and art dealers.
A curated selection of fine art, 20th century design, antiques, ceramics, silver, jewellery, vintage designer clothing and more will be on offer. Fair highlights include:
- A rare late 18th-century still sealed bottle of Constantia wine, presented by The Old Corkscrew of Franschhoek.
- Johannesburg’s Riaan Bolt Antiques will be exhibiting a brass imperial bushel issued for the Government of Cape of Good Hope 1877.
- A silver, enamel and pearl belt buckle by designer Barbara Vetter for Bvlgari will be on offer by Paisleys’ Antique Jewellery from Stellenbosch.
- Jeremy Stephen Antiques, Johannesburg, will have a terracotta charger by Pablo Picasso on display.
SAADA is steeped in history and tradition. Founded in 1963, it is the oldest association of its kind in South Africa. Keeping up with the ever-changing times, SAADA has evolved into the modern association it is today by including modern and contemporary art, design and jewellery into its portfolio. For SAADA, it is all about quality and authenticity.
Good to know
- Opening hours: 10:00-17:00 daily
- Entry: free