They say the quickest way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, and with options like these, that is hard to deny! There are few things as romantic as choosing the perfect place for Valentine’s dinner with that special someone, so we’ve narrowed it down to the very best options for you to win brownie points this Thursday. Here’s our list of places and eateries around the Winelands that are offering the best love-themed menus, specials and activities this Valentine’s Day.
Surprise your loved one with a serenaded picnic under the stars. Arrive to a romantic candlelit ambience and enjoy a complimentary glass of the Scarlet Sails MCC, a Valentine’s gift and a bespoke picnic basket.
For bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org / +27 (0)21 205 5620.
Please note: No under 12s.
Enjoy your special occasion, engagement, anniversary or baby gender reveal at Vergenoegd Löw Wine Estate during February, the month of love.
The special picnic areas seat a minimum of 2 & a maximum of 8 people.
– Freshly baked olive ciabatta with creamed feta cheese topped with roasted nut sprinkle
– Rosemary salted crackers with oven roasted Camembert cheese
– Ostrich pastrami with homemade grape and red wine reduction
– Fresh grape and feta salad
Treat your special someone with a special A la carte brunch from 10AM to 3PM or a romantic, candle-lit A la carte dinner from 6:30PM to 10PM this Valentine’s Day.
For bookings, contact 021 8652685 / email@example.com (Bookings essential).
– Vietnamese prawn spring rolls with dipping sauce (one per person / vegetarian version available)
– Grilled and glazed Asian chicken kebabs / vegetable kebabs sprinkled with Parmesan cheese
– Spicy baby potato salad with spring onions and jalapenos
– Mexican churros with chilli chocolate sauce and fresh strawberries
– Rosé and berry slush puppy (one per person)
10 % of any wine purchased
R520 per basket
Celebrate this romantic evening with Restaurant Seven’s fabulous Valentines dinner. Enjoy five delicious courses and a beautiful pink cocktail to start. R650 per person. Bookings essential, R200 deposit per person to confirm. Tel 021 851 3146 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eight restaurant at Spier Wine Farm is celebrating Valentine’s Day with a special 5-course wine & food pairing. The farm-to-table inspired menu only takes ingredients freshly sourced from the farm and nearby.
RUN, WINE AND DINE
5km fun run/walk followed by live entertainment, food stalls, cocktail bar, wine bar & beer by Stellenbosch Brewing Company.
18:00 – Run registration
18:30 – Run starts
19:00 – Band starts
19:45 – Fun run prize giving
Entry: R80 per adult for 5km
Late entry: R100 per adult
R50 for children under 14
Entries available on entryninja.com
Lots of parking, showers and accommodation available on site
For more info on the run, please contact Dominique on 021 888 4739 or email@example.com